Re: Adieu, Fedora

On 6/12/2011 10:22 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
On Sun June 12 2011, David wrote:
On 6/12/2011 8:48 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:20:39 -0700

James McKenzie wrote:
We need
to make Linux as easy, if not easier to use than the other 'junk' out
there.

When you run Windows for the first time, annoying tutorials badger
you incessantly about learning how to use the Windows interface
and/or adapting to changes made in the new version of Windows.

FUD

I disagree. He makes a very valid point. New installs of Windows always
come up with a tutorial and "helper" app. I have never seen anything like
that on Linux. It's as if the developers are too busy with programming the
next iteration of their favorite app to be bothered with documentation, and
NO ONE has yet come up with a grand-unified "help" document (trust me "man
$appname" doesn't always work...)

Really? Seriously?

What "New installs of Windows" of Windows are you referring to? None
that I have seen do this. Version numbers of Windows? Dates of install?
I can't think of any.

What ""helper" app"s are you referring to here? Applications names?
Version numbers of those applications? Again none that I have seen do
this. Other than 'Mr Clippy' from Microsoft Office that is. And he went
away some time ago.

Still FUD without this missing information that you refer to here.
--

David

  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... It's the same Linux code base. ... Microsoft Office on a Windows server, it will install and run fine, the main ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • Re: [SLE] Developing a Real Time Data System
    ... The KBasic License is valid for both operating systems: Windows and Linux. ... Modern BASIC language ... chapters learning about the programming language. ...
    (SuSE)