Re: HP Laserjet 5P in Fedora 14

On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 17:46 -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
Hi!

I've seen that in Fedora you only have to plug in a printer
and it usually gets recognized and work, You just have to
install these packages:

sudo yum -y install hplip hplip-common

and if you have a HP scanner:

sudo yum -y install libsane-hpaio

It has been working for me like that since
F13 with two or three HP printers and All in Ones
But now I tried it in F14 with a HP Laserjet 5P
and it doesn't work, System does not recognize printer
when I plug it in the USB port (it's a Parallell to USB connection)

I already tried installing HPLiP from the HP binary
and it gave me a GUI, but the printer is still not getting
recognized, it's like I never plug it to the PC.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I don't know what you are doing wrong. But the default installation of
F15 on my machine has: hplip, hplip-libs, hplip-common and libsane-hpaio
are all installed.

  • Re: new San Disk Cruzer USB Flash Drive - cant insert
    ... My Cruzer lights up before the drivers are installed. ... found" Clicking that will install the drivers and then the Cruzer will ... He just stuck it into the USB port on his keyboard. ... I've tried and tried to plug it in, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: new San Disk Cruzer USB Flash Drive - cant insert
    ... When you first plug in the Cruzer you should get a message "new hardware ... found" Clicking that will install the drivers and then the Cruzer will light ... He just stuck it into the USB port on his keyboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re:Pulling the Plug On Windows, Literally
    ... he pulls the plug on the machine. ... Inserted Microsoft Windows XP Upgrade cd into cd rom (This was a genuine ... System asked if I wanted to do an upgrade or new install ... My friend wanted to see how to reboot machine, so as not to depend on ...
  • Re: file keeps opening, how to stop
    ... It never done this until recently and the only other programme I installed ... I have noticed that some devices when I plug them in to a different USB port will load the drivers again. ... I just let it finish the install process and then it doesn't bug me anymore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Proper outlet orientation
    ... Haven't got many'double' duplex outlets at ... Also you do run into equipment cords that 'run off' in different ... batteries etc. whch has a moulded grounding plug, ... I may just install the duplex outlets 'sideways'????????? ...
    (alt.home.repair)