Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3
- From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:44:00 -0500
There is a paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3 which I have not
seen discussed on this list.
Gnome2 is totally mouse oriented. Everything you want to do you do by
moving the mouse and clicking. Obviously I am rerring to Gnome2 itself
However, in Gnome3 a large fraction of actions have been moved to the
This is the same difference as that of creating documents in Word and
Latex. And this change in paradigm used to be a hot topic.
Does anyone out there have an opinion pro or con about this shift that
will no doubt be continued into the future with Gnome?
He who hesitates is last.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?
- Next by Date: howto read from serial port?
- Previous by thread: Printer still not printing from LibreOffice
- Next by thread: Re: Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3