Re: How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

Two questions: are you sure you have an IMAP account set up? Reading
from here, it appears that the settings may be different:

http://www.ndsu.edu/its/help/index/e_mail/ndsu_outlook/non_supported_e_mail_software_setup/imap/

I noticed that.
There is also this:
http://www.ndsu.edu/its/help/index/mobile_devices/configuration/
E-mail Configuration

For specific device setup instructions refer to your mobile device
owners manual or check with your service provider.

General configuration settings:

* Account type: IMAP
* Incoming mail server: imap.ndsu.nodak.edu
* Incoming mail server encryption: SSL on port 993
* Outgoing mail server: smtp.ndsu.nodak.edu
* Outgoing mail server encryption: TLS on port 587
* Username: Your NDSU Electronic ID
* Password: Your NDSU Password