Re: F15 fails to suspend/hibernate on Thinkpad W510+

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 13:01 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:59:12AM -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
2) lspci

(mcpierce@mcpierce-laptop:~)$ lspci

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [Quadro FX 880M] (rev a2)

Are you using nouveau or nvidia drivers for this ?

Nouveau drivers.

Suspend seems to work with nVidia proprietary drivers. I was using them
until the latest gnome update (see some other thread about that).
There's probably a nouveau bug regarding suspend.

One of the things I don't understand about the Fedora political (religious?)
practice is forcing GNOME3 into a release when the drivers a large portion of
users need for proper operation are not included and can't be. Actually, with
stock drivers mine all suspend perfectly, it's that "resume" things that doesn't
work. :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>