Re: Bash: (foo==0)?foo=1:foo=0 valid?

On Saturday 02 July 2011 18:50:46 Joe Zeff wrote:
On 07/02/2011 10:45 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
I seem to forget my shell programming
but is the following statement valid?

($foo==0)?foo=1:foo=0

I thought it was called the tristate conditional
operator but in any case I could not find it in
google.

I don't know if it's allowed in bash, or any other shell. I do know,
however, that it's a valid construct in C.

With a small detail that the "$" in "$foo" is not actually a valid C construct
itself, right?

Or were you looking at the subject line, where the code doesn't have the "$"?
;-)

Best, :-)
Marko