Re: /.autofsck continually updated every reboot

On 07/03/2011 03:09 PM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
If the file is detected at startup,_then_ the system will perform an
fsck. So it is normal for this file to exist while the system is
running normally. If you really want to test this, shut down your
system normally and then boot it from a livecd - I suspect if you
examine the root filesystem, you will find that the .autofsck file has
been deleted.

Another way to check this is to run these commands in a terminal:

cd /
ls -la .autofsck

and check the file's timestamp. The creation time should be at roughly
your most recent boot.

  • Re: fsckd - FIXED
    ... filesystem errors on boot, with the "hit control-D to continue or give root ... to fix the errors with fsck. ... filesystem and inability to reboot. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SUMMARY: Cant boot X1 - fsck problem?!?
    ... Then next step was to find alternate superblock and run fsck against that ... After this I was able to boot up my Solaris 2.8 and everything is working ... Entering System Maintenance Mode ... mount: the state of /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 is not okay ...
    (SunManagers)
  • fstab entries for external USB hard drives led to fsck.ext3 failure on boot, bug?
    ... 'F!3@$%ing fsck! ... Please repair the file system manually. ... CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and resume system boot. ... were to allow me to quickly mount an external hard drive ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsckd
    ... filesystem errors on boot, with the "hit control-D to continue or give root ... to fix the errors with fsck. ... filesystem and inability to reboot. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] fsck!!!
    ... > A little informed but still desperate to fsck the system. ... How to get to the CLI from the rescue option when booting off the ... Continue to boot to the rescue system. ... kernel versions and sources required if you move your harddrive to another ...
    (SuSE)