Re: install fedora 15 via usb

On 08/17/2011 06:14 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
On 08/17/2011 06:10 PM, Leonardo wrote:
is it possible? i want to install fedora 15 using an usb stick.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media.html

You can choose to use either the install DVD ISO file or the LiveCD ISO
file.

Note that, if you use the DVD ISO, the installer will not find the
packages and will fall back to network install (so the extra DVD
download is a waste).

This is tracked in Bugzilla (don't remember the bug number).

- Michael

  • update on installing F 7 using alternate boot and install methods
    ... I finally got Fedora 7 installed: ... I had origianlly downloaded the DVD iso from a mirror ... In order to run the install, ... I did not have either a Toms root boot flopppy nor a grub ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hard drive install FC6 failed
    ... I had download FC6 DVD iso file to my harddisk(fat32 partision) ... then try to use GRUBto load and install. ... DVD iso file).I can find other img and kernel file in other dirctory ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC5 Disk 3 ISO - Additional
    ... You will need a DVD burner to burn DVD iso images. ... what type of install are you doing? ... Burn another set of CDs using a DIFFERENT brand of CDs as well as using ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs
    ... which will remain intact during the install of F7, ... DVD iso image on the hard disk. ... a /boot/grub/grub.conf entry to boot the vmlinuz kernel with ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: questions on how to install Fedora 7 from downloaded iso
    ... title Fedora 7 install ... if having downloaded the DVD iso to the external ... advantage did this with CD set FC6 is you didn't need to replace CD if ...
    (Fedora)