Re: install fedora 15 via usb

On 08/17/2011 06:14 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
On 08/17/2011 06:10 PM, Leonardo wrote:
is it possible? i want to install fedora 15 using an usb stick.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media.html

You can choose to use either the install DVD ISO file or the LiveCD ISO
file.

Note that, if you use the DVD ISO, the installer will not find the
packages and will fall back to network install (so the extra DVD
download is a waste).

This is tracked in Bugzilla (don't remember the bug number).

- Michael

  • update on installing F 7 using alternate boot and install methods
    ... I finally got Fedora 7 installed: ... I had origianlly downloaded the DVD iso from a mirror ... In order to run the install, ... I did not have either a Toms root boot flopppy nor a grub ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hard drive install FC6 failed
    ... I had download FC6 DVD iso file to my harddisk(fat32 partision) ... then try to use GRUBto load and install. ... DVD iso file).I can find other img and kernel file in other dirctory ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC5 Disk 3 ISO - Additional
    ... You will need a DVD burner to burn DVD iso images. ... what type of install are you doing? ... Burn another set of CDs using a DIFFERENT brand of CDs as well as using ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD
    ... Download the Fedora 7 DVD iso and put it ... installer to install from the ISO image that is on your hard disk. ... You need to check on correct path for where the DVD iso file is on HD ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs
    ... which will remain intact during the install of F7, ... DVD iso image on the hard disk. ... a /boot/grub/grub.conf entry to boot the vmlinuz kernel with ...
    (Fedora)