Re: telnet on local LAN question

On 8/17/2011 6:07 AM, Rick Sewill wrote:
iptables entries are processed in the order found...

[...]
I apologize for not reading your original message and going off on a telnet/ssh
tangent in a previous email.

Rick:

Thanks for the explanation. Though I had gotten a good 70% of it, the
clarification was appreciated so I knew I wasn't thinking incorrectly.

And no apologies necessary ... that "ssh rant" is what gave me the idea
to test "telnet <name> 23" and get the big confirm that it wasn't a name
resolution problem

Paul

  • Re: Israeli airlines not UO enough
    ... and it's very hard for me to apologize without giving an ... I feel like not giving the explanation is a statement ... For some people, for some women, bringing flowers might be what it ... her a bunch of roses. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Unison
    ... Howard Brazee wrote: ... There's no need to apologize! ... I hope I didn't sound condescending in my ... explanation of what I think is the problem. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Creation of rec.aviation.politics (Was: Re: OT(?): First 396 Trip - long)
    ... > sterotype you in some way, I apologize and will pay more attention to my ... explanation I see that you meant something entirely different than what I ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: The big bad stamp is returning
    ... RTKBA, and that there are no such restrictions on any of the five ... "Never apologize, never explain". ... that clause is an explanation of the ultimate purpose. ... retrictions based on that 'militia' "explanation", ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Breitling Aerospace
    ... > "I apologize for going off on such a tangent to horology, ... > No apology necessary and no tangent. ... Watches don't wear themselves, people wear them ... > for a lot of different reasons and like to post the reasons. ...
    (alt.horology)