Re: Totem and Mozplugger Firefox plugin deathmatch over audio/wav

On 08/22/2011 08:19 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
g writes:

On 08/22/2011 02:09 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
I've got one x86_64 machine with Firefox, and one i386 machine. Both have
totem-mozplugin and mozplugger installed.

On both machines, about:plugin shows audio/wav MIME type being handled by
both of them.

not place to be looking.

from menu bar; "edit > preferences > applications"

That's what I said in my original post.

you should be able to take it from there.

if not, have a look in bottom left corner. ;)

And as I described, Firefox only shows one of the two, as an available
handler for WAV files.

i read you post and am aware of what you said you had done. what i am not
aware of is if you followed what i meant by my last 2 statements.

so to be more direct, did you press [Help] button?

in addition just what is problem you are having?

if getting music to play, have you tried enabling "mplayer".

to bring this portion of your post back in to "play". [pun intended]

I note that both machines also have mplayer installed, and in both cases
mplayer is also offered as an alternative choice to either mozplugger or
totem, for audio/wav. I do not understand why mozplugger and totem are not
offered as choices simultaneously, and why it's one on one machine, and the
other on the other machine.

because that is way devs thought it should be, being that you have options
of "always ask" and "use other". if you select "use other", i believe that
will move 'other' into choices.

as for choices in my firefox for 'wav audio', i see "movie player", aka,
"mplayer" and "totem".

in addition, just where did you get "mozplugger"? that is not a mozilla
offered add-on.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

  • Re: Totem and Mozplugger Firefox plugin deathmatch over audio/wav
    ... but what is used to play/view files should be.. ... i am tending to believe that mozplugger is what will/should be seen. ... help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today. ... The installation instructions stated to install Windows 2000 or better. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
    ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >> package, and to have easy access to those files, especially the ones ... >> this as being helpful to Linux users, ... >> Linux could be made easier by having installation programs actually ... be searching for the executable and its command line for invoking the IDE, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Just Got Back From NAMM. Why so little Linux?
    ... Just a little diversion back to the original topic, and an observation about me, and Linux. ... installing my familiar mail client and web browser (Firefox), ... The trick of copying the contents of an existing profile ... folder into the new profile folder that gets installed with a new installation didn't work. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)