Re: Totem and Mozplugger Firefox plugin deathmatch over audio/wav

On 08/22/2011 08:19 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
g writes:

On 08/22/2011 02:09 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
I've got one x86_64 machine with Firefox, and one i386 machine. Both have
totem-mozplugin and mozplugger installed.

On both machines, about:plugin shows audio/wav MIME type being handled by
both of them.

not place to be looking.

from menu bar; "edit > preferences > applications"

That's what I said in my original post.

you should be able to take it from there.

if not, have a look in bottom left corner. ;)

And as I described, Firefox only shows one of the two, as an available
handler for WAV files.

i read you post and am aware of what you said you had done. what i am not
aware of is if you followed what i meant by my last 2 statements.

so to be more direct, did you press [Help] button?

in addition just what is problem you are having?

if getting music to play, have you tried enabling "mplayer".

to bring this portion of your post back in to "play". [pun intended]

I note that both machines also have mplayer installed, and in both cases
mplayer is also offered as an alternative choice to either mozplugger or
totem, for audio/wav. I do not understand why mozplugger and totem are not
offered as choices simultaneously, and why it's one on one machine, and the
other on the other machine.

because that is way devs thought it should be, being that you have options
of "always ask" and "use other". if you select "use other", i believe that
will move 'other' into choices.

as for choices in my firefox for 'wav audio', i see "movie player", aka,
"mplayer" and "totem".

in addition, just where did you get "mozplugger"? that is not a mozilla
offered add-on.

hth.

--

peace out.