F15 Upgrade kernel won't run.

My computer will not boot the F15 kernel after doing a preupgrade. Nothing
happens when the boot process usually starts running. Not a single line of
startup is displayed on the screen.

This happens both if I run preupgrade or preupgrade-cli.

Everything seems to go fine during the preupgrade process. All the files
download and run fine, no errors or anything.

Other kernels on the computer boot fine.

Its like it can't find one of the boot files.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

  • Re: preupgrade 10 -> 11 pain: network error
    ... a wired network connection. ... However, upon rebooting, I'm seeing "Waiting for NetworkManager to ... It should automatically boot into F10 on reboot. ... failed preupgrade from F9 to F10 and on reboot, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Another kernel panic after preupgrade
    ... as expected, /boot is on hdand the default is to boot into ... preupgrade, which makes sense because it never completed. ... you, offhand, how to reinstall grub. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: f12 preupgrade?
    ... Is this related to the flap on fedora-devel about disk space on boot ... vs. preupgrade, where a 200 MB /boot might not be enough, even though ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: preupgrade: not enough space again
    ... Everything working just remove all unused kernels - left only working ... one + upgrade stuff ... Preupgrade works fine with my boot size. ...
    (Fedora)