Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2
- From: stan <gryt2@xxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:08:11 -0700
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:19:05 +0200
Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And I'm curious why doesn't anyone even mention KDE as an alternative
for Gnome3? As it seems, these days KDE4 is by far the most advanced,
most mature and most configurable desktop environment out there.
On my old hardware, KDE is a resource hog. The DE runs like it is
moving through molasses. On newer hardware it probably isn't
noticeable. And for the short time I did run it, it was different
enough that there was a learning curve. LXDE and XFCE are probably
much closer to Gnome 2 in behavior.
I'm using the Gnome 3 fallback mode on F15, and my DE has snappy
response. I suspect the same would be true of LXDE or XFCE.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: running programs as root in KDE
- Next by Date: System starts by itself
- Previous by thread: Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2
- Next by thread: Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2