Re: Need KVM switch

For those with KVM switches, could you please provide the following information:

1. Make & Model.

2. Look in /var/log/messages for USB connect and disconnect message from the kernel.

I had a KVM switch I used to hate for various reasons, one of which was that it disconnected my keyboard and mouse from one machine to connect me to another. It disappointed me that the computer had to care that the KVM switch was in use and that it took several seconds each time I switched ports. Sometimes the switch didn't do its switching thing properly so I had to unplug and plug my keybard into it. Do they all do this?

John

  • Re: mouse problems....
    ... First is installing X on a server. ... As far as I understood now, the KVM switch is USB only, or ... KVM switches in the past, but found them often problematic (as ... you want switching between X and console to be fast, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: mouse problems....
    ... First is installing X on a server. ... As far as I understood now, the KVM switch is USB only, or ... KVM switches in the past, but found them often problematic (as ... you want switching between X and console to be fast, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Viewing (2) Dells at once?
    ... There are KVM switches that have USB but they are expensive. ... I would get the KVM switch and set up a home network. ... Assuming you use dial up you need a hub ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: ps/2 or usb for keyboard and mouse?
    ... rack mount Pro KVM switches on eBay sell for way less than lesser specified consumer models.... ... This may be a stupid question, but my KVM switches don't work with usb, and I have been offered some Dell machines that only have usb for keyboard and mouse. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)