Unable to boot from live CD or install from DVD

Hello,
I have been using Fedora (KDE spin) for quite some time.
There was absolutely no problem till Fedora 14. But now when I try
to install Fedora 15, the live CD does not boot. I have tried Gnome
Live CD and also the DVD. I even tried the pre-upgrade procedure.
All give the same result. The CD/DVD begins to boot, some text
messages appear and finally the CD/DVD activity stops with the
line [ 1.319497] [<c040377e>] kernel_thread_helper+0*6*0*10.
My machine is Lenovo C 200 (Intel Atom D410 dual core
processor). I am not a computer expert. But I am moderately
familiar with Linux because I have been using it for more than 12
years. How do I overcome this problem?
- Vijayan

  • Re: CentOS hangs on boot
    ... Regarding the Centos Boot issue. ... Knoppix is a very powerfull live boot cd. ... Will it support Fedora on the clients, ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: fedora-list Digest, Vol 70, Issue 59
    ... Latest Kernel causes reboot hell ... Subject: Fedora on Macbook Air? ... Chad>When it comes to booting from a disk drive, I believe the Air only boot OS's ... someone decided to set up grub by default to hide its ...
    (Fedora)
  • help
    ... >> I realized that I did have a self boot disc and hunted it up. ... > the FC ISOs to the hard disk, and install from the hard disk. ... >> you could easily create your own fedora based live cd also. ... > That's the problem - you wrote the ISO image to cd as a single file. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Troubleshooting connection loss (continued)
    ... but is that first boot after winME was running? ... boot fedora and some time later connection goes down ... Why does reboot not have the problem you ask. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: in lieu of swapping out hard drives
    ... I got the Fedora 8 ISO ... Recieve screen asking which device to boot from ... Whether using an ExpressCard device with a eSATA port in a laptop/notebook ... his/her notebook's internal HDD containing the XP OS onto a SATA HDD ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)