Re: Configuring new ethernet interfaces
- From: Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:43:59 -0400
I have an existing fedora15 x86_64 server with two interfaces that
I've moved to a different motherboard and processor with dual onboard
Intel 1000mbs ethernet controllers on it (e1000e driver). After moving
the system to the new motherboard, for some reason the ethernet
interfaces changed from eth0 and eth1 to eth4 and eth5.
Why did this happen, and how do I change it back to eth0 and eth1?
It looks like udev has something to do with this?
The MAC addresses changed. Take a look at this:
That was it, thanks. I knew the MAC address changed (should have
mentioned that initially) and also knew it was related to udev, but
just couldn't remember the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
file was the one that needed to be changed.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Apoligies Re: Dearest
- Next by Date: Re: Apoligies Re: Dearest
- Previous by thread: Re: Configuring new ethernet interfaces