Re: Pavilion dv6-3225dx under F14 -- mouse problems

[cut-and-paste from archives]
gary artim wrote:
+++
have a clickpad I can play with at work and tried out the beta of SuSe
and FC16. both have better support but the right click and center
click for does not work -- tools i need. you can set tapping to 2 or 3
fingers to get the right and center options, but who would use this --
12 year olds?! a simple left/right/center and move the mouse when you
move your finger would be a delight. This all made it clear to me that
choosing a laptop for linux should still be researched, maybe bring a
pendrive with linux on it to test before buying. hope you feel better.
---

Gary:

Somehow I lost your Thursday Oct 6th reply, I'll blame it on a fogged head.

In hindsight, I agree that I should have done the pendrive test.

I need the right click and, to a lessor extent, the center as well. The
first thing I did on the Win7 part of the dual-boot was kill the tapping.

Looks my niece is going to get herself a new laptop and I'll try to do
it right the next time. That being said, I am going to give F16 a try
"just in case"

Thanks for the get well wishes,
Paul

  • Ruggedized Itronix laptop HOWTO
    ... I bought a cheap ruggedized laptop and got Slackware Linux working on it. ... You have to have some copy of a Linux system to install it. ... Linux kernel and ramdisk. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: long time Linux user considering switching to OS-X
    ... >> - Linux box. ... I do all my work on the laptop. ... >> Unix beyond user level is weak. ... >> with the Mac equivalent I guess). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.portables)
  • Re: Which linux??
    ... I have an old laptop. ... i'd like to give linux a try, and thought this old lappy would be ideal, but i havent a clue which version of linux i should go for, ... RedHat Fedora guidelines suggest that, if you're running a graphical desktop ... On the other hand I'm typing in an IBM Thinkpad 560Z with 300 MHz, 192 MB RAM and a 6 GB hard drive. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Laptop Question
    ... > linux user, so I would like to buy a linux friendly laptop. ... I need Windows for my college application. ... It is not really a problem, the restore partition is an image of a completed proper windows install, with all drivers and devices configured to work properly in the default configuration. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Welches_LAptop_f=FCr_12_J=E4hrigen?=
    ... tendiere ich zu einem Laptop. ... kompakt Linux ist nachzulesen, da sie bei 10 getesteten Bussiness ... Desktop ist was ganz anderes und kann keinesfalls 1:1 bertragen werden. ... -> ist u.a. ein Graka bzw. dessen Treiber Thema. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)