Re: F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes
- From: Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:58:30 +0530
On 10/10/2011 09:48 PM, JD wrote:
On 10/10/2011 08:49 AM, linux guy wrote:
I had the same problem, for some reason, on one of my machines.I wonder if this thread plays well into the idea
On that machine I upgraded from the full install DVD instead of doing
a yum preupgrade. Actually, I did the later, but it failed.
Anyhow, I believe I ran a yum check all > list.txt and then edited the
file and then used it as input to yum itself.
It was a terrible, terrible process.
that upgrading using yum should be scripted by
an expert so that us mortals do not have to slog
through this mud :)
It might be that Preupgrade has bugs. Reporting them and getting it
fixed would be the first choice rather than replace it with a script
which will likely have bugs as well. It is not realistic to believe
that you can write a script to handle upgrades and not have bugs.
Upgrading a distribution is a fairly complex process to say the least.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes
- Next by Date: Re: Whats happened to xinetd and tftp on F15 ?
- Previous by thread: Re: F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes
- Next by thread: Re: F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes