Re: Results of the voting for the Fedora 17 release name

On 10/11/2011 06:47 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

I did not know the proceedings for voting or even that it was on, so it
is correct, I did not vote. Of course, that gives me no voice (which is
appropriate). However, it does not preclude me from having an opinion.

Sure but the fact is that, suggestions have been taken in openly,
announced widely (via fedora announce list), voted upon etc gives you
the ability to have more than just a opinion here (which doesn't count
for anything). Maybe for the next release onwards, people with strong
opinions on codenames should participate.

Rahul

  • Re: Apologize for Hiroshima?
    ... one vote belonged to the Emperor and he by tradition abstained. ... The votes had been spilt 3 to 3 for a lot of 1945 on the war versus ... is the minority opinion is expensive and can be undermined. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Message to Bodhi
    ... vote, reached a different conclusion. ... > question in which the words "widespread opposition" appeared and you ... > 3) As Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts in the early 1980s, Kerry ... > *mean* something or is it simply sensationalistic opinion ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Making C better (by borrowing from C++)
    ... People were invited to offer an opinion. ... a vote, then call it what it is: ... with the opinion of self-appointed majority. ... All societies are run by vocal minorities. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Something You Might Want to Know
    ... >>>How do you know if I vote for Republicans all the time? ... >> You may NOT vote Republican all the time, but you do side with the ... >I chose to believe the shit I verify to be true. ... My opinion of you is based on ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)