Re: Is it save to mount / with noatime?

On 19.10.2011, JB wrote:

Is breaking standards good ? :-)

I don't care in this case :-)
My filesystems are mounted the same as my root fs:

/dev/sda2 on / type xfs (rw,noatime,attr2,delaylog,nobarrier,logbufs=2,logbsize=256k,noquota)

Btw: "noatime" does already include "nodiratime".

  • Re: using sudo to install/remove packages
    ... except that it doesn't need to take care of anything: ... > run as root, so any command it will start will also run as root. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Weird Apache problem, hanging on particular data patterns
    ... I have checked ALL filesystems. ... When I split one of the two "weird" files up into 1k chunks only the ... This file when assembled hangs at exactly 1,130bytes, ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Cant reboot after update
    ... Kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on ... server in our server room just after I started a normal reboot, ... etch host running on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 server. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: ten thousand small processes
    ... >If your going to get this serious about your memory management, ... Where is all that DRAM going? ... >I don't care much about the 3-page text segment. ... >To unsubscribe, send any mail to ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: 100% [Waiting for headers]
    ... filesystems reaches the desired "warning" threshold. ... Here's my quick attempt at a cronjob entry: ... The search pattern will find any line with a 9 followed by any character ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)