Forcing HDD spindown
- From: Christopher Svanefalk <christopher.svanefalk@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:03:16 +0100
one problem I have on my system is the frequency with which the kernel
winds up the HDD. It is hot almost constantly, and never seems to power
down. Is there anything I can do (aside from deactivating updatedb and the
like) in order to force the system to a minimal use of the HDD?
Thanks in advance,
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: my SysV daemons not starting on boot
- Next by Date: Apache vulnerability?
- Previous by thread: Problem seeing PDF files with firefox
- Next by thread: Re: Forcing HDD spindown