Re: How to run preupgrade?

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:57, Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Everything appeared to go well. At the end I pressed the button to
re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as normal. How
do I actually perform the upgrade from this point?

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F16_bugs#Upgrade_from_Fedora_14_to_Fedora_16_with_preupgrade_leaves_bootloader_in_previous_configuration>

I was hit by this too. You can find the anaconda log file in /root/.
If you look at the error you can see why it fails. If it is a grubby
error then you got hit by the above bug.

The solution is to hand edit and correct grub.conf.

--
Suvayu

  • Re: How to run preupgrade?
    ... re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as normal. ... grub2 will be pulled in after an upgrade to F16. ... Grub2 obsoletes Grub. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: correct way to increase page file?
    ... set default to 0, hit the set button, change location and size, hit set, ... > Have read that MS defrag does not touch the page file and that one ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: correct way to increase page file?
    ... set default to 0, hit the set button, change location and size, hit set, ... > Have read that MS defrag does not touch the page file and that one ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GPS lost signal - weird
    ... IOW, re-boot the gpsr. ... Hit the ... reset button, ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • [40k] Cron Redux
    ... Gauss artillery platform with crew or MC/ Vehicle thing ... Gauss - this type of weapons on a roll of 6' to hit cause auto-glance ... Resurrection Orb can be technological upgrade too and decrease roll on ...
    (rec.games.miniatures.warhammer)