Re: Yum Error

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:55:39 -0800, JG (Joel) wrote:

I've been getting the following error when running yum update today:

Could not get metalink
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f16&arch=x86_64
error was
14: Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid
Could not get metalink
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-testing-f16&arch=x86_64
error was
14: Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid

Can someone explain these messages or, better yet, tell me what to do about them?

If you run with updates-testing enabled, pay extra attention to any threads
about test-updates and comments on test-updates in the Fedora Updates System.
There has been a faulty nss update:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-15612
You may need to downgrade those packages temporarily.

  • Re: Yum Error
    ... Could not get metalink ... Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid ... If you run with updates-testing enabled, pay extra attention to any threads ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Yum Error
    ... Could not get metalink ... Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid ... If you run with updates-testing enabled, pay extra attention to any threads ...
    (Fedora)
  • Yum Error
    ... I've been getting the following error when running yum update today: ... Could not get metalink ... Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid ...
    (Fedora)