Re: Fedora 16 and switchable graphics - ATI Radeon HD 6600Mvideo(Sony VAIO SA25GB)
- From: suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:49:04 +0100
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 02:49, <fernando@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(But is "intel" the correct Xorg driver for the Intel HD graphics from the sandy bridge chipset?)
Thats the incorrect kernel module name. The names depend on the
chipset in use. Mine for example is i915. I would advice ask these
questions on the Phoronix forums, you will have greater chance of
I'm talking about the xorg driver, is it the same as the kernel module?
AFAIK, yes it is. open source graphics drivers are included in the
How can i find the chipset name?
Try lshw. Or looking at the VAIO manual or website.
Open source is the future. It sets us free.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: bash update killed my shells
- Next by Date: Re: iptables systemd services fail
- Previous by thread: Re: Fedora 16 and switchable graphics - ATI Radeon HD 6600Mvideo(Sony VAIO SA25GB)
- Next by thread: Is android linux done right?