Re: Adventures with Gnome 3.2 fallback

On 11/24/2011 06:07 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

I find the whole thing familiar and friendly and it answers the wishes
of those who miss the Gnome2 feel.

It does and I currently use it now, although fallback mode doesn't offer
the full Gnome 2 experience. Unfortunately I believe it's deprecated so
may disappear in a future version as will my use of Gnome.

--
Ian Chapman.

  • Re: Please stop complaining about Unity and install Gnome Shell
    ... so far it seems to be the closest thing to Gnome2 in 10.04 I've found. ... uncomfortable with Unity right out of the box. ... However, note, this is configuring GNOME 3's Fallback Mode and the ... I tried the gnome fallback mode and couldn't get it to work very well. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: In lack of a good window manager
    ... >>It has been all to much inspired by MacOS ... If you have used Gnome, then you would notice the amount of less possibilities ... > like windoze but then uglier" themes of the past. ... operating systems looks, like Gnome2 and KDE. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Please stop complaining about Unity and install Gnome Shell
    ... so far it seems to be the closest thing to Gnome2 in 10.04 I've found. ... its the same workspace switcher currently with 4 workspaces and ... However, note, this is configuring GNOME 3's Fallback Mode and the ... I think you're better off with Xubuntu and Xfce. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: NFS regression in 2.6 -- gnome problem
    ... >>locking method that gnome2 is using when running home directories over ... >>Gnome reports that it failed to lock it's test file, ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Reviving old Pentium 133 to run Linux
    ... Gnome ain't as bloated as Gnome2, which you get with todays distros, Gnome2 ... good difference in response on that installation. ... configuration file editing. ...
    (alt.linux)