Re: Fedora - time to blink

On 27/11/11 16:33, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 11/27/2011 08:02 AM, Ian Chapman wrote:
It's also required for me to add an applet to the gnome panel which is
what I was referring to. I'm not understanding why I should have to

AIUI, you have to write and/or install various extensions to Gnome 3 to
regain functionality that was in Gnome 2 out-of-the-box. What I don't
understand, however, is why this is called progress.

Possibly so someone can say
"It's not bloated, you installed all that stuff"

  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... Then all of the packages successfully configured. ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... It is the venerable original X Display Manager that gdm ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... It is the venerable original X Display Manager that gdm ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The Linus view of GNOME 3.2
    ... The F16 installer is a trainwreck - crashes if an old disk has a partial ... again and it decides my install options contain a conflict, ... the extensions actually turn it roughly back into a desktop and the ... waving in Gnome 3. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Lost window manager and gnome-panel
    ... to remove/rename the .gnome, .gconf, etc. files while not logged into ... gnome will no chance to tamper with the config files behind your back. ... but does the install guide you through ... password for root, so I could always be root if I wanted. ...
    (Debian-User)