Re: Fedora - time to blink

On 27/11/11 16:33, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 11/27/2011 08:02 AM, Ian Chapman wrote:
It's also required for me to add an applet to the gnome panel which is
what I was referring to. I'm not understanding why I should have to

AIUI, you have to write and/or install various extensions to Gnome 3 to
regain functionality that was in Gnome 2 out-of-the-box. What I don't
understand, however, is why this is called progress.

Possibly so someone can say
"It's not bloated, you installed all that stuff"

  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... Then all of the packages successfully configured. ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... It is the venerable original X Display Manager that gdm ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... It is the venerable original X Display Manager that gdm ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The Linus view of GNOME 3.2
    ... The F16 installer is a trainwreck - crashes if an old disk has a partial ... again and it decides my install options contain a conflict, ... the extensions actually turn it roughly back into a desktop and the ... waving in Gnome 3. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Suse 10.3 and DVD::RIP
    ... Gnome began to sort of fork off and became increasingly unfriendly to ... As we are a openSUSE group, that is what I am talking about. ... be problematic to compile is none of my business. ... I have to install 75 MB of stuff to run a 2 ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)