Re: using document camera with linux

On 11/27/2011 02:44 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

I want to use a ELMO document camera with my linux laptop (Fedora 16).
Is there any way to do so? I can get the exact model number of the ELMO
tomorrow if that would be helpful but I wanted to see if this is at all

Many thanks for any pointers!

'elmo document camera' sounded familiar from years back.

ran a google search for "ELMO document camera" to see if it was what i
thought and found that they are;

next ran "linux" to see what would show. this is what\
was produced;

[watch for rap]

EDR-X1 Remote Software Read ME _E_
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
32-bit/64-bit for Windows/Linux/Solaris SPARC. 32-bit for Solaris x86 iii. Run
the install package on your PC. NOTE: This remote program is not compatible ...
ELMO Wireless Slate / Tablet
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
ELMO Wireless Slate / Tablet. CRA-1. User's Guide. Please read this manual well
before using CRA-1. Please preserve this manual in preparation for the ...

you did not mention model, so i do not know if above will apply.

peace out.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

So I installed Linux.
learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition'
'The Linux Documentation Project'