Re: Which Fedora 16 for Levono 120e?

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:40:54PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

On 12/05/2011 07:54 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:

I recently ordered a Levono x120e ($397 from B&H) to replace my aged HP
nc2400.
I got the unit with the AMD Fusion E-240 CPU and ordered an extra 2Gb
memory (total 4Gb).
Which Fedora should I load on it? 32 or 64 bit?
They do market Win7 64 bit for it (I just ordered it with the basic Win7
personal as I am blowing that away anyway for Fedora).

64 bit, of course.

What do I 'get' by using the 64bit distro. Or loose (some app not
available).

The same as you 'get' by using the 32 bit distro. No noticeable
difference. And as far as I know all apps are available.

And uefi/gpt work well if you install using the whole disk.

Alexander

  • Re: Boot Start Up problem
    ... Bad memory (it doesn't say whether Graphic card memory ... As for CPU temp, I monitor this all the time. ... CPU is a P4 2.4MHz and it runs at low load at a constant ... >I would pull all card sept video and see what you get. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: HP-UX 11.31: extreme performance problem on single-CPU rx2620
    ... Shouldn't the load be around 55 then? ... Is vhand the top or very near the top of the %CPU listing? ... How much memory, anyway? ... It could be fragmentation in the remaining physical memory (NFS inodes ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
  • Re: F7 now super slow, will it infect Fedora 8?
    ... super slow. ... and some systems will slow the CPU down to stop it burning out. ... The Fedora 7 computer is now clean and the casing is off. ... Another thing to look at is memory. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: F7 now super slow, will it infect Fedora 8?
    ... super slow. ... and some systems will slow the CPU down to stop it burning out. ... The Fedora 7 computer is now clean and the casing is off. ... Another thing to look at is memory. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Which Fedora 16 for Levono 120e?
    ... I got the unit with the AMD Fusion E-240 CPU and ordered an extra 2Gb ... Which Fedora should I load on it? ... Except that your 4GB of memory will work more efficiently. ...
    (Fedora)