Re: F16 and gnome 3.2

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 10:04 -0500, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
On 12/07/2011 09:27 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
As I said somewhere else I have an Intel chip which worked with F15 and
Gnome 3 but does not work with F16 and Gnome 3.2/

Does your /etc/default/grub file have "nomodeset" in it?

More details here:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-November/408334.html

- Mike

Yes. Removing nomodset prevents the machine from booting.

  • Re: Latest Ubuntu rocks
    ... on my big one when booting there's a hardware detection which makes it quit while booting. ... I tried to force the install at home: ... Because I had installed both KDE and Gnome, this raised a problem and Gnome don't start at all, whatever I try, so I've given up, and stay with KDE, where almost everything I had installed don't work anymore because it was made for Gnome. ... I run it on different laptops and desktops and it is stable whilst not lagging in terms of eye-candies if you are into this. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: network-manager not connecting automatically anymore
    ... As of late, I'm not connected to my wired network after booting, and ... eth0 exists and is up, ... I used to be connected right after booting. ... I either have to log into GNOME and select ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Latest Ubuntu rocks
    ... on my big one when booting there's a hardware detection which makes it quit while booting. ... Because I had installed both KDE and Gnome, this raised a problem and Gnome don't start at all, whatever I try, so I've given up, and stay with KDE, where almost everything I had installed don't work anymore because it was made for Gnome. ... I run it on different laptops and desktops and it is stable whilst not lagging in terms of eye-candies if you are into this. ...