Re: Writing a book w/F16?

On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 10:17 -0700, Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 13:57 +0100, NOSpaze wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 20:50 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 12/10/2011 08:34 PM, Craig White wrote:
is there any doubt who this NOSpaze is?

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo

Why do you ask?

Yea thats me, why do you ask? are you my neighbor?
----
I was wrong... in that case, I will answer.

sgml has long been used for professional publishing ( see adobe
framemaker).

The idea is that you can use fast/simple editors such as vi or emacs and
put in your own markup tags and save the processing (ie, generate
toc/footnotes/end notes/appendix/etc.) for later.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll read how to do a TOC, footnotes and
commenting/tagging paragraps, summarizing in vim. If you can suggest any
link, TIA. "your own markup tags"... I wouldn't use sgml/xml, but i'll
wait for any links on how to apply them effectively.

WYSIWYG is an obstacle to writing but is in fact an artifact of
publishing and in that case, you can merely concentrate on writing and
leave all of the stylizing until the writing is finished.

WYSIWYG "is an obstacle to writing"? Damn! I knew it! Tell it to the
LibreOffice team. They need to know it.

Seemed to me to be a more than adequate suggestion that you mocked.

I do really appreciate your help, just it sounded illogic. Sorry for
making fun. I live it.

:)
--
NOSpaze <nospaze@xxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: Writing a book w/F16?
    ... Yea thats me, why do you ask? ... are you my neighbor? ... sgml has long been used for professional publishing (see adobe ... WYSIWYG is an obstacle to writing but is in fact an artifact of ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Worst neighbor....EVER
    ... > Bryan S. Slick wrote: ... >> street and beaten by an angry mob for writing.. ... >>:I'll never get pissed at my neighbor again for leaving her porchlight ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Y&R Whos Minding the Store?
    ... who is doing the writing these days? ... My neighbor has a PHD in Comparative Literature and doesn't own a TV. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: Writing a book w/F16?
    ... sgml has long been used for professional publishing (see adobe ... WYSIWYG is an obstacle to writing but is in fact an artifact of ... I will point out that IETF documents (Internet Drafts and RFCs) are now ... just use gedit on the 'raw' xml for all of my Internet Draft writing. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: 1-0.999.... = ?
    ... infinite amount of zeros to write it out (a hopeless task, ... like writing out 0.333...) ... Because you are talking word salad rather than mathematics. ... a neighbor ...
    (talk.origins)