Re: Writing a book w/F16?

On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 10:17 +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
On 11 December 2011 08:31, Jussi Lehtola <jussilehtola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:18:33 -0500
Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:39:57 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

The irony is that once you
learn a few basics, LaTeX is also easier and quicker for writing
those 1-page memos!

Only if you write them frequently enough to remember the
LaTeX commands :-).

.. or if you use LyX.

Agree about LyX, writing LaTeX is another distraction from writing
content, with LyX you can write and then adjust things later more
easily. Cut and paste is better because LyX can worry about sections
for you.

--
imalone

As long as it is clear that the structures of Lyx code for things
like tables is very different than the LaTex code.--

  • Re: Make a "LyX" logo without using Lyx
    ... print the "LaTeX" logo? ... I am writing a document with LaTeX, not Lyx, ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: LAtex (again)
    ... I reckon Oliver is one of those types who would do well writing ... on how to write a LaTeX document, ... In the beginning you can use Notepad or any other text editor you ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Software For Book Writing
    ... I'm going to be writing a political book soon and I'm not ... I recommend to use LyX as an interface and LaTeX as processing engine. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LAtex (again)
    ... But chiefly I want to be able to edit the ... on how to write a LaTeX document, ... and perhaps print your simple examples, you can start writing ... In the beginning you can use Notepad or any other text editor you ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)
    ... Good thing that what I'm writing is not at all complex. ... programming language because I am writing fiction, ... Creative tasks are personal. ... using LaTeX have experience in both worlds (Office ...
    (Debian-User)