Re: Fedora 16 Dual Monitor

Le Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:39:12 +0100,
Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I just got a new monitor. I have GTX 470 card and one monitor is
connected via HDMI and other via DVI. While Fedora detects the other
monitor, but I can't manage the monitors from the display settings. Can
you suggest which nvidia drivers should I install to get the nvidia
settings? or is there any other free tool to manage monitors in Fedora 16?

I have two monitors with a Geforce GT430, connected in VGA and DVI. All works
fine with the kmod-nvidia driver. see bellow my xorg.conf generated by
"nvidia-settings" :

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings: version 290.10 (mockbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) Wed
Nov 23 16:53:18 EST 2011

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig: version 290.10 (mockbuild@) Wed Nov 23 22:25:15 CET 2011
# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
Option "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Maxdata/Belinea B1980S1"
HorizSync 31.0 - 83.0
VertRefresh 56.0 - 75.0
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "GeForce GT 430"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
SubSection "Display"
Modes "nvidia-auto-select"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"

# Removed Option "metamodes" "DFP: nvidia-auto-select +1280+0, CRT:
nvidia-auto-select +0+0" # Removed Option "metamodes" "CRT:
nvidia-auto-select +1280+0, DFP: nvidia-auto-select +0+0" Identifier
"Screen0" Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "TwinView" "1"
Option "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
Option "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x1024 +1280+0, DFP: 1280x1024 +0+0"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

To install kmod-nvidia : "yum install kmod-nvidia" if you have rpmfusion in
/etc/yum.repos.d/

HTH.

--
M.B