Re: Scanner not showing up in HP Device Manager [SOLVED]

2011-12-17 19:58, Jon Ingason skrev:
Hi,

I just moved from Fedora 14 to Fedora 16. Since I had decided to
excahnge my 500 GB hard disk with to 1 TB disks I did a clean install of
Fedora 16. I have a HP Photosmart Prem c310 AllInOne. It is connected to
my computer via USB. In Fedora 14 I installed hplip-gui and the scanner
was there. Quite easy to scan in photos and document with sane. Now when
I had installed hplip-gui in Fedora 16 there was no scan alternative in
the menu.

Someone having same problem?

I knew that this was simple!

With little help from the HPLIP list I found my problem. The problem was solved by

sudo yum install xsane

:)

--
Regards
Jon Ingason

  • Scanner not showing up in HP Device Manager
    ... I just moved from Fedora 14 to Fedora 16. ... Since I had decided to excahnge my 500 GB hard disk with to 1 TB disks I did a clean install of Fedora 16. ... Now when I had installed hplip-gui in Fedora 16 there was no scan alternative in the menu. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1
    ... The OP mentioned that using Debian there are issues. ... Hard disk: SAMSUNG SpinPoint M7E, I took this info from gsmartcontrol ... I doubt that Fedora cared about customizing HDParm to ... I have serious doubts about Manjaro as well. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1
    ... I do not remember perfectly but it was saying that my hard disk has shock protection, it would stop in case I drop it or apply sudden shocks. ... I doubt that Fedora cared about customizing HDParm to spin down my hard disk. ... I have serious doubts about Manjaro as well. ... I don't want to use both Fedora and Manjaro as production machines anyway in case I fail to address my problem with Debian. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: help on installing fedora 9 on external disk
    ...      I am planning to install fedora 9 on my external USB hard disk. ... right now my laptop is having windows vista. ... how do I manage vista when i unplug my USB hard disk because grub will be stored on external hard disk. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: 3RD TRY: Re: Cant boot from Core 2 CD (HELP!) (fwd)
    ... and always kept a kernel which works to boot from. ... If I wanted to install cleanly, I would do it from hard disk - ... If I didn't have such a system, I would probably use Knoppix - ... this is much better than Fedora at booting on unusual machines. ...
    (Fedora)