Re: /var/log/messages

Begs the question: Has this no-logging become a new default, or just a

Rahul Sundaram:

Well, that seems to suggest that the new default is not to log.

"The rule for migration to systemd is to "start-over fresh" with default
start and stop policy from the new package, and not to migrate what the
user had previously configured."

So, whatever you had set up beforehand is ignored, and the new default
is implemented. Not logging, by default, doesn't seem a good idea.

[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r

read messages from the public lists.

users mailing list
Have a question? Ask away:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question!
    ... The policy gets to the client before the package gets to the DP. ... wait for the other servers to get the new policy ...
  • Re: JRE Mistake - Help
    ... applied a GPO to assign the package via user software installation to only ... Although the policy had "uninstall when falls out ... The new policy's installation routine succeeds, it does not have "uninstall ...
  • Re: Met Centric (and a pet peeve)
    ... such a policy leading to some ugly scenes. ... seats are resold are people showing up well after curtain time. ... whether it's your fault that you're late. ... out here in "flyover country", in places like Dallas and Houston, ...
  • Re: SMS error and ISA
    ... Ok Rune, I re sent the package to my client again ... > Seems like some policy mapping were updated in the policypv.log file: ...
  • RE: Need insight on designing a package manager
    ... I'm designing my own package manager. ... assuring you can never try to install the package again. ... Policy integration will be implimented as ...