Re: "It's time for you to leave."

On 30-12-11 00:56, Joel Rees wrote:
Just out of curiosity, Patrick, do your filters not work?

Filters work just fine and anything from this "Linda" person goes directly to /dev/null.

It's just too bad that loonies like "Linda" and the threads that go on and on further drifting away off-topic make for a rather bad S/N ratio. Compare this list to for example the CentOS, Postfix, Dovecot, Asterisk or FreeSWITCH mailing lists and you see a world of difference where those lists are pretty strict in being on-topic, focused, professional and provide quite a lot of good information. Would be nice if this list got there too but I am not holding my breath. The same difference can be seen comparing the Fedora irc channel to the irc channels of the other lists I mentioned. I haven't figured out what is causing the vast difference. Except that behavior from the likes of "Linda" and off-topic stuff is generally not welcome on the other lists and irc channels and dealt with appropriately.

Regards,
Patrick

  • About expelling "Linda" and similar people
    ... already said it can be easily manipulated into killing it. ... As far as "Linda" is concerned, she really, really felt to me from ... up around here and on Ubuntu lists till one or two years ago, ... archives are full of crap from/about her. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: About expelling "Linda" and similar people
    ... As far as "Linda" is concerned, she really, really felt to me from ... up around here and on Ubuntu lists till one or two years ago, ... I have NO problem at all to filter out everything about ... archives are full of crap from/about her. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: "Its time for you to leave."
    ... It's just too bad that loonies like "Linda" and the threads that go on ... those lists are pretty strict in being on-topic, focused, professional ... seen comparing the Fedora irc channel to the irc channels of the other ... Linda does have a genuine interest in using Fedora, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: "Its time for you to leave."
    ... No.  Linda has severe issues that cause her to start new threads that have ... I've spent my share of time on the openbsd lists. ... Linda is kind of extreme. ... commercial Linux OS product, I'd be looking for people like Linda to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: favor
    ... TM> posts to it, but questions has always been left open for posting. ... most mailing lists would not be able to function ... TM> For a mailing list, it's archives are part and parcel of the forum, ...
    (freebsd-questions)