Re: F16-X86_64-Live-KDE won't boot on XPS 17

On 06 January 2012 at 5:32pm Linux guy wrote:
I wonder if it would make a difference if I installed directly and
then tried to boot.

It very well might. It's what I would do, but that's because I have no
experience booting from a USB device. I also have little experience
dual booting so your situation is quite different from mine.

Are you dual booting ?

No. I run a Windows guest under VMware on the Linux host.

Thanks, BTW, for taking the time to reply to my thread.

You're welcome. Sorry I can't be of more help.

  • Re: Cant boot Linux after motherboard change
    ... days this motherboard started exhibiting power supply issues. ... The problem is that now Linux no longer boots. ... Earlier today I was able to boot off a F16 DVD and was ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: boot: linux text => "Could not find kernel image: linux"
    ... The fc17 install guide ... says, "To use boot options, enter linux option at the boot: ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • After installation, booting FC-12.
    ... I entered an l, at the boot prompt, and the booting procedure continued to boot linux. ... What changed in the boot load process? ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • After installation, booting FC-12.
    ... I entered an l, at the boot prompt, and the booting procedure continued to boot linux. ... What changed in the boot load process? ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: RH 9.0 doesnt install: blank screen! (RH 8.0 & 7.2 do though)
    ... Tried 'linux text noprobe skipddc noapic apm=off noht'. ... I wanted to try on and so I chose 7 boot options: ... linux text noprobe skipddc lowres apm=off noapic nousb ...
    (linux.redhat.install)