Re: Network route problem is a gateway on which a IPSEC tunnel allow to access to host

Le 07/01/2012 17:45, Kevin Martin a écrit :

On 01/07/2012 10:18 AM, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:

I have the following problem.

Here is the output of : route -n : UG 0 0 0 eth0 U 1002 0 0 eth0 UGH 0 0 0 eth0 U 0 0 0 eth0

When I try to ping, it doesn't work while the first available route is used ( via

How can I modify the order of the route table to force use of the right route ?

Thanks for any help
What is From the routing table, its the same ethernet nic so it's no wonder the route to is using the (default) route (even though it looks like you've tried to force it to a different route). If you want to split the
192.168.50 network you'll need two nics, you'll need to set the netmask correctly to split it between them, then you will be able to
set the host to route a different way.

users mailing list
Have a question? Ask away:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: routing - newbie-question
    ... there because they have to use a gateway to do so. ... to that host. ... Well doesn't look like a private subnet behind SERV1. ... Try pinging the host with your normal route config. ...
  • Re: How to set default gw not by route command in linux?
    ... The developers of pppd made the arbitrary choice to have the 'defaultroute' option create the default route with the peer address as the gateway, ... The NAS advertises for itself the same address on all PPP links, so the host sees the same peer address on both links. ...
  • Re: (more) the coffee house broke my auto
    ... Is the IP address of your gateway actually ... route 2 network: route add default gw outer and route private network ... host in private network zone set this: ...
  • Strange default route
    ... Until today it was set to add a default route ... It is using a gateway, ... The host behind that IP address belongs to my ISP (by ... What makes me nervous is that I didn't have any connection problems so ...
  • Re: Getting "ICMP Host redirect from gateway" response
    ... I tried and succeeded in getting a REDIRECT response, ... I added a route with as a gateway to a local host ...