Re: converting base64 emails back to text

On 01/10/2012 05:26 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 01/10/2012 12:54 PM, John Wendel wrote:
<>

"man base64" should get you going. It's a little easier than the perl
stuff.
-=-

i had already checked 'man base64' and from what i read, it will not
do what i would like.

i am wanting a 'preprocessor' that will restore text as mail comes in
so that emails will have text that can be searched instead of base64
encoding.

perl-Email-MIME would facilitate that or maybe even
perl-Email-MIME-Attachment-Stripper?
-=-

i can not remark on this as i do not have them installed to see what
they do.

i was hoping for something that would process the base64 emails as they
come in before they hit email client.

from trying to google what i want, there where too many hits due to
google's limited ability to sort as needed to find what i want.

all in all, it looks like when i get to f16 and have problems, because
of limitations to search just on "Subject:", and we all know about how
poor that is, i will be doing a lot of posting to solve problems when
i run into them.

It sounds like a fun project and then an interesting procmail recipe
experiment.
-=-

i had hoped that 'procmail' would be an easy way to gain my desires,
but from what i have read in 'procmail*' pages, i do not believe i
will be able to use it. :(

so, consider this post as warning of future post. 8-D

i thank you both for your replies.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

  • Re: [SLE] Firefox & Thunderbird move from Windows to Linux
    ... I'm not sure what you mean by "keep my emails / bookmarks from my ... Windows set-up over to my Linux installation.", ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
    ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >> package, and to have easy access to those files, especially the ones ... >> this as being helpful to Linux users, ... >> Linux could be made easier by having installation programs actually ... be searching for the executable and its command line for invoking the IDE, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Just Got Back From NAMM. Why so little Linux?
    ... Just a little diversion back to the original topic, and an observation about me, and Linux. ... installing my familiar mail client and web browser (Firefox), ... The trick of copying the contents of an existing profile ... folder into the new profile folder that gets installed with a new installation didn't work. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)