Re: Grub for F-16/init 3 -

On 13/01/12 13:01, Bob Goodwin wrote:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0 KEYTABLE=us quiet
SYSFONT=latarcyr

You need to remove "quiet", and check for "rhgb" on the same line somewhere"
I also edit /etc/grub2.cfg
and remove rhgb and quite from it also.
then: grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

If you want to boot to init3 always.
Do the following also:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd#How_do_I_change_the_default_runlevel.3F

GNU:
https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-documentation.html

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

  • Re: rhgb and video drivers [was kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3 kernel and new nvidia driver]
    ... >hanged just after the devices initialization and without rhgb the system ... No mean to boot. ... Apparently the rhgb provides the pretty image by firing up an X server ... of a second where the display has gone from graphical mode to text mode ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [FC3] kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3 freezes on boot <SOLVED>
    ... Prior to boot, edit the boot command option, remove ... After started, edit grub.conf file, remove rhgb option. ... Apparently the rhgb provides the pretty image by firing up an X server ... of a second where the display has gone from graphical mode to text mode ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: urgent pc wont load
    ... I have an nVidia graphics card, and my computer freezes when it's booting! ... To get your computer to boot, you can temporarily disable RHGB: ... Subject: urgent pc wont load ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: To turn Plymouth off?
    ... kernel entries in /boot/grub/grub.conf. ... Maybe you want to boot in run level 3? ... I was advised to "remove rhgb," which I took to mean "yum remove ... if I'm having connection problems for some reason, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: display problems with rhgb and kernel-2.6.10-1.8_FC2
    ... the fedora-list archives. ... specific - boot with a 2.6.9 kernel and all is well, ... I can disable rhgb for now, yes, but I'd like to sort out where the ... functionality because of a kernel upgrade. ...
    (Fedora)