Re: [ why i do not like base64]

On 01/19/2012 12:56 PM, Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 03:52 +0000, g wrote:
NISM ??

I have no idea what that abbreviation refers to,
-=-

NISM = "Need I Say More"

but the (obvious) spam (simply by looking at the list of recipients)
-=-

this is true. because it was sent to a 'tsl' also.

viewing "source", "header" can be read, but not able to read "body"
because of 'base64'.

to view "body", opened as 'email'. saw link. thought. what the heck.
possible a subscriber messed up. wondered what. clicked link.

using firefox and NoScript, running firewall, rkhunter,
backed up. why not.

firefox displayed a "404". i broke link.

you replied to was not received as base64 encoded, here.
-=-

that is because it has enigmail sig. note "source" of this post.

Nor should it really be a problem. Only the most ancient or
dysfunctional mail clients would not be able to handle base64 encoded
messages.
-=-

what email client in 'view source' mode, show "body" as readable
ascii when email is 'base64'.

And, I dare say, the same derision should be applicable to
anything else that *handles* mail for you.
-=-

deride depends on answer to above question. ;)

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
    ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >> package, and to have easy access to those files, especially the ones ... >> this as being helpful to Linux users, ... >> Linux could be made easier by having installation programs actually ... be searching for the executable and its command line for invoking the IDE, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Just Got Back From NAMM. Why so little Linux?
    ... Just a little diversion back to the original topic, and an observation about me, and Linux. ... installing my familiar mail client and web browser (Firefox), ... The trick of copying the contents of an existing profile ... folder into the new profile folder that gets installed with a new installation didn't work. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... Markzoom has a posting history of less then 10 articles on Linux or any ... of his first experience with SuSE Linux. ... years only 5 posts were worthy of a real answer. ... >>attempted installation of SuSE. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)