Re: [ why i do not like base64]

On 01/20/2012 07:51 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 20.01.2012 20:47, schrieb g:
On 01/20/2012 03:31 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
<>

be careful with rewrite mailbody this will break all sorts of
signed mails
-=-

and, as you know, thunderbird gives you a friendly notification banner

and what does this change?
-=-

it does not change anything. it was a comment to what happens with
with thunderbird as email client.

if anything, it was not meant to change. other than knowledge.

if something BEFORE the mail client manipulates mail-contents
which are signed they are no longer trustable - do this for
you if you do not care, but do not call it smart
-=-

i am not, nor stated, that i am interested in making changes to
enigmail emails.

nor, have i ever made comment that it is "smart".

fact is as far as converting of anything, it is to convert base64.

better yet, convert base64 and html to text and it be a feature
of email client.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

  • Re: Convert Outlook to Linux mail
    ... > Thunderbird or Mozilla Mail while in Linux? ... Once booted to Linux, ... > neither see the NTFS installation of Outlook. ... will ask if you want to import the mail from Outlook Express. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Zweimal Thunderbird auf dieselben Daten
    ... ich habe hier ein DualBoot-System mit Windows XP und Linux. ... Unter Windows XP habe ich eine Installation von Mozilla Thunderbird, ... voll mit Einstellungen und Mails. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.misc)
  • Re: Download and Install Thunderbird (newbie question)
    ... > I downloaded Thunderbird for Linux, and it put an icon on the desktop. ... > I see no installation file, since I am not familiar with Linux to begin ... System-Administration-Synaptic package manager ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
    ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)