Re: Fed 16 + Broadcom wlan 4312 + kernel-3.2.1-3
- From: Alexander Volovics <a.volovic@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:03:53 +0100
On 01/24/2012 06:53 PM, Jim wrote:
You want ito nstall kmod-wl and it will install all dependencies .
Then you want to go into /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and enter
"blacklist b43-fwcutter" w/o quotes
Why would I do that?
I already have a driver "b43" from the new kernel-3.2 loaded and this
seems to be the advised driver, not the wl driver.
I am just missing the firmware!
Just try what i said and I think You will *Like it .
Someone FINALLY got around to take the b43-cutter out of Fedora.
OK I will try it.
(If b43-fwcutter isn't needed any more why still include the package?
Though I see it is still a package for Fed15!)
And I thought the firmware for more Broadcom chips was going to be included in the 3.2 kernel.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Re: Printer not working
- Next by Date: help needing recovering bootloader after upgrade
- Previous by thread: Re: Fed 16 + Broadcom wlan 4312 + kernel-3.2.1-3
- Next by thread: Re: Fed 16 + Broadcom wlan 4312 + kernel-3.2.1-3