Re: Fed 16 + Broadcom wlan 4312 + kernel-3.2.1-3

On 01/24/2012 01:03 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
On 01/24/2012 06:53 PM, Jim wrote:

You want ito nstall kmod-wl and it will install all dependencies .

Then you want to go into /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and enter
"blacklist b43-fwcutter" w/o quotes

Why would I do that?
I already have a driver "b43" from the new kernel-3.2 loaded and this
seems to be the advised driver, not the wl driver.

I am just missing the firmware!

Just try what i said and I think You will *Like it .

Someone FINALLY got around to take the b43-cutter out of Fedora.

OK I will try it.

(If b43-fwcutter isn't needed any more why still include the package?
Though I see it is still a package for Fed15!)

And I thought the firmware for more Broadcom chips was going to be included in the 3.2 kernel.

AV

Believe me I have ask myself the same question at least the last two Fedora releases.

  • Re: [RFC] binary firmware and modules
    ... via modinfo and could be used e.g. when packaging a kernel. ... given an example via the QLogic gla2xxx driver. ... just don't know what firmware we'll need until runtime. ... advertise every firmware and distros will have to package all possible ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: In search of a better line driver
    ... >the package to drive several others in parallel, ... >gates are used, lot variations in the output impedances of the gates can ... The thing is so small I can hardly solder it. ... I have a little general purpose line driver board I made using ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • In search of a better line driver
    ... gates are used, lot variations in the output impedances of the gates can ... I haven't tried using only a 74HC14 package with some parallel gates, ... I have a little general purpose line driver board I made using ... same perhaps with the Fairchild chips. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Another Linux Myth Exposed - Hopeless at playing music ..
    ... But I can't get sound working on either machine. ... and says it is configured with driver snd-emu10k1. ... I look at the descriptions in the package manager at ... the moment and it takes care of the dependencies. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Image pushing failing after minint folder has been installed.
    ... Initially I did have that problem but once I pointed the package to the ... like windows PE doesn't have the correct driver. ... nic driver to the following folders in the Customwinpe folder in my sms ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.tools)