Re: Yum requires "clean all" to work

On 02/08/2012 07:34 PM, Fedora User wrote:
I don't see any other posts like this so it is reasonable to assume
that this is not a bug. For over a week now, "yum update" doesn't see
any updates unless I do a "yum clean all" first.

I was tempted to start deleting stuff in /var/lib/yum. My saner side
stopped that misadventure. Yum check is clean.

Anyone have a better clue?
Dumb question - is you system time/date correct? Before downloading
the package list, yum checks the time stamp, and if it is older then
the data it already has, it does not update its list. When you do a
clean all, it erases the data, and has to download it again. It then
checks the package information against the installed packages to see
if there is a newer version.

I know it does not help much, but yum is updating packages without
extra work. It updated a bunch of packages today.

- --
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and
taste good with Ketchup!
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)

users mailing list
Have a question? Ask away:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant find existing Fedora on FC3>FC4 upgrade
    ... filing a bug report against anaconda. ... >condition or whenever yum went down due to sql-lile or something. ... This will install the repos and other information ... only a few packages were needed after trying the ...
  • Re: packagekit broke rhythmbox
    ... The database is clean, no dupes, it verifies, and I'm stumped. ... PackageKit actually uses yum under the covers, ... This should work because yum doesn't actually update any packages until ...
  • yum and ATrpms: why there appear to be conflicts
    ... There is a bug in yum up to yum 2.1.12 which break packages that are ... Why it mostly affects ATrpms: ...
  • Re: YUM and yum.conf - for the interested ones
    ... No, your system has no bug, the new yum has sometimes troubles finding ... Even though the packages are there it does not ... > I wiped it and did a fresh install with FC3 so I was initially a bit upset ...
  • Re: yum clean all doesnt seem to work
    ... which I would like to clean out. ... # yum clean cache ... I think the problem is that the repo names have changed since FC4 (is ...