Re: The death of Hibernate?

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday, 6. March 2012. 17.42.41 Anthony R Fletcher wrote:
If you do a fresh boot you lose your current state....and that is
valuable. So hibernate (for long periods of down time, for example for a
long flight) is very useful.

What happened to the "save session" stuff that should be provided by all
relevant desktop environments? AFAIK, that can (and should) be used to save
the current state of your desktop across a reboot. Is there some aspect of
session-saving that doesn't give you back your desktop "state" in the way
you
left it on logout?

+1

I mean, it should open the same apps, keep them on same desktops, etc. I
thought the concept of a "session" was invented precisely for this purpose.
Using hibernate to achieve the same effect is possible, but should not be
necessary, right?

Best, :-)
Marko

Best,

Christopher Svanefalk

  • Hibernate die richtige Wahl =?ISO-8859-15?Q?f=FCr_mich=3F?=
    ... Ich möchte mich mal mehr in die Programmierung "richtiger" Java ... Anwendung geteilte Session factory? ... Wenn ich versuche Hibernate nur in möglichst niedrigen Schichten zu ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Re: [Hibernate] wechselnde Fehler bei Update
    ... Denn ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass man Objekte nicht ordentlich upgedatet bekommt nur weil lazy loading aktiv ist. ... Der TilesController holt sich bei der Factory die Session. ... Ich würde Dir ein Buch wie Hibernate in Action empfehlen, das diesen Herbst auch in einer Neuauflage rauskommt und dann Hibernate 3 behandelt. ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Hibernate all processes in a KDE desktop?
    ... be able to suspend a single process and then shut down my ... It would be handy to be able to hibernate all processes running as my ... I use KDE 3.5.5. ... On Login and selected "Restore manually saved session". ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Hibernate mapping for sql join
    ... Currently we have Spring managing the Hibernate Session - and it was ... Think of JPA as an ORM ... the nooks and crannies of the Hibernate native APIs. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: spring hibernate injection
    ... Session session = this.sessionFactory.getCurrentSession; ... Hibernate today has two interfaces - the traditional and JPA. ... this approach lets you tie the life of an EM to the need for its management capabilities rather neatly. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)