Re: Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?
- From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:26:15 +0100
Claude Jones wrote:
But to return to boot-speed,
how could using systemctl be any faster than an exactly equivalent
command expressed in chkconfig terms?
in other words, in can start services up in parallel, instead of waiting
for each one to initiate before going to the next...
You misunderstood me.
If there has been this improvement - and I've seen a slight, not dramatic,
improvement - it could perfecly well have been taken up by chkconfig,
which as far as I can see just draws up (or drew up)
a list of daemons to start at boot-time.
How they were started does not seem to have much to do with chkconfig.
Incidentally, none of the systemctl advocates has answered my query:
How do I say "chkconfig openvpn on" in systemctl-speak?
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College Dublin
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Re: A nit on apper
- Next by Date: Re: Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?
- Previous by thread: Re: Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?
- Next by thread: Re: Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?