Re: Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?

On 03/24/2012 06:27 PM, Craig White wrote:
regardless of whatever DE you choose, packages run because the necessary
libs are installed.

Yes. I know. I also know that I can install Gnome-centric programs without pulling in other parts of Gnome because they're already installed. Thus, it's hard for me to tell if a package is part of Gnome or not.

  • Re: No flamewar please!
    ... I'd like to keep Gnome if possible, but some of the libs it proposes ... tomboy Reading package lists... ... They were installed because the meta-package 'gnome' depended upon them. ... 'gnome' also depends on mono, so in removing mono you must remove ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Missing packages in opensuse-12.1
    ... At least grip was dropped like xmms because they needed the old gnome ... libs and we got rid of packages that did so because with the move to ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?
    ... Gnome 3 was, when 10.04 was released, the 'current release of ... But were the plan to be for Unity to be "kept in line with the current ... have switched to the Gnome 3 libs by Oneiric. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • rosegarden
    ... I am running 6.06 Dapper (gnome) and want to try rosegarden4. ... the dependencies for this are kde and qt libs. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: bug in fedora 11
    ... I have similar problem today with gnome ... ...start java details ... ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines ... Itamar Reis Peixoto ...
    (Fedora)