Re: Is it me or is it sudo?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Mark Haney <markh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm kinda confused by the sudo problem I'm having.  I've edited the main
file with visudo to include:

## Allow root to run any commands anywhere
root    ALL=(ALL)       ALL
markh   ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

Do any of the other lines match the markh user? I believe sudo goes
through the file and uses the last matching entry.

--
William Hooper

  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4 and monitor powering off.
    ... I changed it so that it would run as root since I have to ... I have sudo configured so my normal user has very limited access (some ... commands, with specific parameters. ... The admin user has full passwordless access to do everything root could ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: use sudo without having to type password?
    ... > There are lots of very valid reasons for having password-less sudo ... > commands available. ... >> If you have to do anything as root, you should have to type a password ... It should stand as a warning that they're about to ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] sudoers problem
    ... specific commands only, then gave the ALL commands privilege. ... Even when given root privilege for all commands, ... The script works from root and under sudo but i ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Change Permissions on a new hard drive to allow write...Problem Solved
    ... Please tell how I could have solved the problem without logging in as ... You'd use sudo or one of its graphical derivatives, ... Those three commands could have been used to do everything you did ... logging in as root. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Root access loggin
    ... Subject: Root access loggin ... commands with sudo assume that the user actually knows what commands ... Sudo wouldn't be any help here cause I would need to pre approve ... the wheel group and using visudo to grant wheel access to everything ...
    (freebsd-questions)