Re: How to change network address ?

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 21:17 +0800, Alick Zhao wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:56:01 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

To make ifconfig obsolete is really weird. It sounds to me that
developers of Fedora have to much time on their hands. Next I expect
they will change the name of vi. Oh, I forgot it is now vim. Where is Ed
Joy when we need him? [He was the creator of vi, in the very beginning.]

AFAIK ifconfig is deprecated in favor of iproute2, which seems not
specific to Fedora. See also the link below[1].

Fedora 16 (Verne) user

Again I am confused. ifconfig is an executable. iproute2 is a
directory containing non-executables. How then does iproute2 replace

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough
to take it all away. -- Barry Goldwater

users mailing list
Have a question? Ask away: