Re: Fedora 16 killed my eth0 ?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:55:14 +0100
On 04/04/2012 06:47 AM, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
Well, perhaps someone should also think about impact of name-changing.
Quite frankly, what's in a name, so why change it?
It's because in the old scheme when a machine had several ports the
mapping between the physical hardware and the dev nodes was not fixed:
the kernel would just assign names as it found interfaces. This
caused a fair bit of inconvenience.
From my side, I have a "no longer supported" SW product that
licenses itself against the MAC address of ETH0. Yep, ETH0 and not
any other name.
Put a symlink in?
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Re: evolution + spamassassin
- Next by Date: Re: [OT] Fedora 18 code name
- Previous by thread: Re: Fedora 16 killed my eth0 ?
- Next by thread: RE: Fedora 16 killed my eth0 ?