NetworkManager connecting during boot

Hey,

I've just switched to Fedora and I have an issue that I couldn't solve myself yet. When I boot my Fedora 16 (x64) system, it takes quite some time till I can log-in after almost all seems to be setup. According to the kernel log the reason for this is that NetworkManager (NM) wait's until it successfully set up a wlan connection. It takes of course even longer if NM cannot connect to any network.

Is there a way to let systemd finish the initialization without waiting for NM to finish the establishment of the connection?

I really link having NM negotiating the connection before I log-in, but on the other hand I can't see any benefits when the boot process is stopped during that time.

Thank you!

--chritallic

  • Re: Troubleshooting connection loss (continued)
    ... but is that first boot after winME was running? ... boot fedora and some time later connection goes down ... Why does reboot not have the problem you ask. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Troubleshooting connection loss (continued)
    ... evidence) that a reboot to regain a lost Internet connection should be a last resort. ... but is that first boot after winME was running? ... boot fedora and some time later connection goes down ... Why does reboot not have the problem you ask. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: restarting mobile broadband
    ... I'm a newbie to NetworkManager and have a few ... connection drops from time to time and doesn't ... But is doesn't reconnect automatically ... and a file called rx_bytes which may or may not run boot to boot rather than ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Activating wireless card at boot
    ... >> write up how to use NetworkManager, wireless is now working. ... This causes a couple of errors to occur during boot up, ... How would I force my wireless connection to my AP ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how to disable wireless during startup
    ... It seems like fedora was not able to access ... the wireless card on my laptop, ... configured to start at boot but it does not. ... NetworkManager it does not, I think you may be using the network script ...
    (Fedora)